Auto-Owners Insurance, a mutual company headquartered in Lansing, MI, operates in 26 states. Proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500, we are continually recognized for our financial strength and stability. Auto-Owners offers a myriad of career opportunities, and seeks talent to continue our tradition of success. We offer a friendly environment, structured training & mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Visit our website to learn more about employment opportunities.
This company requires an online application: http://www.auto-owners.com/career-center
Entry Level Insurance Underwriter - Lansing, MI
The Entry Level Underwriter position requires the person to:
• Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
• Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
• Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
• Effectively communicate with independent agents and other associates.
Entry Level Claims Adjuster - Lansing, MI
The Entry Level Claim Adjuster position requires the person to:
• Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, and analyze legal liability.
• Works toward the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
• Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
• Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
Entry Level Software Developer - Lansing, MI
Responsibilities include developing, maintaining, and supporting software applications for new and existing systems. The Entry Level Software Developer position requires the person to:
• Define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software programs and applications.
• Actively participate in code/design reviews as well as brainstorming sessions.
• Develop program and system documentation.
• Analyze and fix software errors in a timely and accurate fashion.